Alfred Beal was born November 25, 1859 to Mary Reddick. Alfred worked his mother’s farm until 1884. He married Esther Horton in Hillsborough County and begun his own family in 1879. Esther Horton was the daughter of Bryant and Olive Horton. In July of 1884, the couple claimed a homestead near Mary Riddick’s homestead. In 1923, the community was officially named Bealsville in honor of Alfred Beal, who is credited with helping to keep ownership of area properties in local hands.
Esther passed away on December 24, 1908 and Alfred passed away on November 25, 1948..
After pleading for a new school failed during the 1930's failed, Bealsville residents raised $1,000 dollars and donated over ten acres of land for a new school. This structure was then renamed Glover School after the resident William A. Glover whose family donated the land the school is currently located. As a result a three room block building was constructed by the county and pupils from Keysville, Hopewell, Coronet and Trapnell were transported to the Glover Center. In 1945, a three room block building was constructed. In 1949, a second wooden structure was moved onto the campus. In 1954, another four rooms were built to provide for educational growth, with grades 1-9 operational.